Tuesday, September 19, 2017

That crown though!

On Sunday I went to a Miss pageant for the first time at NDSU. Since I've never been to a Miss pageant, I didn't know what to expect, so I went into it with an open mind. From all my years (Wow - I feel old) as a little girl watching Miss America on TV, I knew there at least had to be an evening gown event. That's what I was most excited to see. My model from Project Fargo a few weeks back, Lizzie, was the reigning Miss West Fargo and I knew she would be there in the most beautiful dress. The red velvet rhinestone dress was perfection. I went with a good friend, Desiree who also knew Carly, of the contestants in the competition. Congrats on Miss Red River Valley!

As soon as the teens and misses (and little girls - how adorable were they?) walked out, I was drawn in. Each one wore a different style black dress that was simple and classic. Carly's was my favorite; a short black dress with sheer panels at the bottom. They did their talent, spoke about world peace (or another platform) and had a lifestyle & fitness section of the competition. Fast forward through those and it was the evening gown event that I had been waiting for!


The black dress with white side detailing, the royal blue strapless dress and the white two piece mermaid gown were some memorable ones. Carly's final dress was blue and had some rhinestones that were so beautiful. Not only were the dresses stare-worthy, but can we talk about those crowns? Even sitting towards the back of the room, I could see them sparkle. Is it bad that I wanted to go all Miss Congeniality on them and rip one off? She's beauty and she's grace, well - I got a little bit of the beauty at least.


Dressing up in gowns and flawless make-up kinda made me want to be Miss America! At the end of the night, it was exactly what I thought Miss America would be like, only in a much smaller scale. I wouldn't mind going to another pageant, it was fun to remember being a little girl and looking up to beauty queens. After all, don't we all want world peace?


No comments:

Post a Comment