Thursday, September 14, 2017

Capsule Collection: Is it worth it?

A capsule collection. It's all the rage right now. You want to try it out. But, is it worth it? I studied my closet and looked at what others consider a capsule collection and here's what I found out.

A capsule collection makes sense in theory. You have 10-12 pieces in your wardrobe. That's it. No more, no less. Well, to be fair, I did not include things that are necessary; like, pajamas, socks, underwear or any sweatpants I may or may not own. You have fewer things to wash and put away. With only 12 pieces, you have over 100 different combinations you could choose from. It's easy and simple, right?

The capsule collection I compiled is stuff that I would wear on a day to day basis. Comfortable pieces that can transition to another outfit. They can be worn to work or to your son's football game. Outfits during the winter and outfits during the summer. Seems like a no-brainer. So why am I not ready to empty out more than 95% of my closet?

My Capsule Collection:
wrap dress
sweater
skinny jeans
black pumps
white blouse
flare/trouser jeans
a fun t-shirt
floral skirt
blazer
ballet flats
dress pants
cardigan


Here's my reality. It doesn't work for me. I simply like to experiment with too many different looks. I've been known to rock a harder grunge type style and other days have a more feminine style. I wouldn't have enough pieces to make the feminine style work and the rocker vibe. I have been known to combine both of these styles.

So, you're thinking this might be for you? That's awesome! May I suggest the items I've listed to start your very own capsule collection? I've even got you started on some ways to mix and match them.
Try some of these mix and match styles or come up with some of your own! If you feel good in it, then you're doing something right. Remember, don't put on anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or anything less than fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment