Saturday, September 23, 2017

Stacked.

Every ring tells a story. Every ring is a work of art. I remember where I got each of these. Of course I have some jewelry that I can't remember where I bought it or who I got it from - don't tell the husband that. He thinks every piece in my closet is special, but I've been known to play favorites.


On my pointer is a ring I bought at the Fargo street fair a few years ago. It's a teal bead wrapped in wire. I had a brown bead one just like it but the wire started to poke into my finger and over time got pushed to the back of my jewelry drawer.

Then the gold stone ring is from Charlotte Russe a few years back. It came with 2 other stacked rings that I'm not as fond of. The braided band is different than the other ones, which might be why I like it more. Check them out here.

The next big cocktail ring with green stone I got at a thrift store. My absolute favorite is wearing it with purple. I love the color combination of green and purple. Since they are both warm jewel tone colors, they compliment each other.

The small gold band below the cocktail ring is most important to me. It's my grandma's wedding band. My husband wears my grandpa's as his wedding band. My grandma passed away in 2014. She was a big part of my love for style. As long as I can remember she wore pearls.

Going down my middle finger is a gold heart midi-ring I got at Forever 21. That store goes back and forth for me with what they have. I know that a lot of people don't shop there because of their cheaply made clothes or jewelry that tarnishes right away. I don't mind buying a $5 ring that I wear a handful of times. I understand the stuff won't be passed down to my grand children. F21

The next 2 stacking rings I just bought at Clothes Mentor as an impulse purchase. They were at the counter and I threw them on the pile of things I was buying. I wear them often and stack them up.

To be honest, I don't remember where I got this big stone ring. I do a lot of my shopping at Clothes Mentor, so I'm pretty sure it was there. They have such a great selection of everything you are looking for. I haven't been there in a while and I'm sure my discount coupon is about to expire. I need to go there soon.

On my ring finger, I used to shop on this app called Vinted for gently used clothes and jewelry. That's where I got this flower ring. It's quite small and can only be worn as a midi-ring, both on my ring finger or pinky.

The next ring is another stacking ring from Clothes Mentor. I think there was a mix of 4 different rings.

The next ring came from my grandma again. It's her grandchildren ring with my 2 brothers. I always loved that my birthday is in April and the birthstone is a diamond. My grandma always loved to tell me that this stone was a cubic zirconia, not a diamond. It didn't matter, she loved the ring and I love wearing it now to remind me of her.

The thin ring below the birthstone ring is another stacking ring in the combo from Clothes Mentor.

The next ring with the small rhinestone I got from the antique store in Moorhead. I've actually found several different things there that I've loved. Another one of my favorites is the vintage necklace from a post a few weeks back. Need a refresher? I would to look for a small pill box hat next time I go. They are having a sale this weekend on the booths.

This next knot ring I bought online from Kate Spade. It arrived in such a big box hat seemed a little crazy for this teeny tiny ring. The ring is adjustable and I love wearing it on any finger.

The last ring on my ring finger has a dangling A for my son, August. I bought this ring in California on a trip with my husband to see his sisters. We went to a massive antique store and I found this small ring in one of the cases. It's a little crazy to think that in this big store with millions of antique things, I found a small itty bitty ring that means so much to me.

Finally, on my pinky ring is a vintage green stone with a diamond in the center. My grandma got this ring as an engagement ring. She ended up not marrying him, but kept the ring. I'm so thankful she didn't marry him because I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have this amazing ring. It truly is a beautiful piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment