Sunday, September 10, 2017

Fargo Fashion Week : A recap

Well, the first ever Fargo Fashion Week is over and I have to tell you, I'm looking forward to next year. This type of thing does not happen in Fargo, North Dakota, where people do not put fashion first. Our state (as beautiful as it is) does not have the big city living that I crave. There are a handful of 'skyscapers' in the city I live. So having something that is large scale fashion excites me. Sometimes, it feels like I am the only one in this city that is fueled by fashion. It's good to see that there are so many in our city that came out to enjoy the runway.

I went on Wednesday and Friday nights, and I'm disappointed I didn't go more. On Tuesday night they had the winners of Project Fargo show their collections and I saw some pictures of the make-up from Thursday night that was awesome.


Some of my favorite looks came from Kittsona in downtown Fargo and The Black Frame from Grand Forks. Shaunda Malone, from Minneapolis, MN also showed her hip-hop collection that I was impressed with. She had so many details on each piece that the next one shown was even better than the last. My favorite of hers was a purple suit with a circle skirt that looked like it was made out of scuba neoprene.


I was really inspired by this shorts romper with a long open skirt from The Black Frame. It's perfect for the summer and for any body type. It shows leg and covers my mama booty. I'm writing this down in my creative journal as something to work on for next summer. I'll have to find the best print (of course) on lightweight fabric.


Everyone that knows me, knows I love a good jumpsuit. I have a good handful of them hanging in my closet. A lesson taken from Stacy London. Well, Kittsona did not disappoint. This red/burgundy jumpsuit would be perfect for a holiday party or your regular Tuesday at work.


If you're debating about whether you should attend next year or sad you missed a day, like I did, don't worry - Fargo Fashion Week will be back next year. So, mark your calendar and be ready for a girls night, 5 nights in a row!


https://www.fargofashionweek.com/


1 comment: