Sunday, September 3, 2017

Saved.

I always feel overwhelmed when I go into SR Harris in Minneapolis. There is so much fabric and I want to buy it all. I felt the same way when I went to Mood in New York City for the first time. Although that experience is something I will never forget, thank you Resh. I go into these massive fabric stores with no design ideas in mind. I just wanted the fabric to speak to me and tell me what it should be. #designertalk

So when I went to SR Harris last May, I knew I wanted some designer fabric, but nothing really in mind. I ended up searching for an hour (with 2 kids) or so until I found this black print Ella Moss fabric. It is light weight and super comfortable. I bought 2 yards, enough for a blouse or enough for a skirt bottom, whatever I had decided.


I brought it home and decided that it would make an awesome shorts romper. I had the pattern. I had enough fabric. I was ready to go.

And there it sat. For months. I never picked up the fabric or unfolded it. I didn't have time, I have 3 boys, a husband and a full time job. All of my spare time goes into them. Don't get me wrong, I totally wanted to spend some quality time with my sewing machine (in order to make our relationship work), but I just couldn't fit it into my busy schedule.  It wasn't until I saw such a great response to my designs at the Project Fargo show that I decided I need to make time for this. I need to let my husband watch the boys and let them cry (for a bit), they're fine. I've gotten really good at distracting them with the seam allowance ruler or the tomato shaped pin cushion (without the pins).

Just this last week I finally started and finished the shorts romper. I'm so happy with how it turned out. I ran out of fabric for the waistband tie, so I found a fun cut-out scuba fabric at Joann's Fabrics to use.


Even though I love this print, this designer and I LOVE a romper, I think this will be one of the pieces of my collection that I put up for sale. Interested? Think you could rock this? Let me know, send me an email. Don't know about this one? I have others!





No comments:

Post a Comment