Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Fashion Week: First Night

When I woke up this morning, I put on the outfit I had laid out the night before. I put it on at 5:00 AM thinking I would wear it to the first night of the first ever Fargo Fashion Week later tonight. As I walked around work today, I thought, 'Why haven't I worn this before? It works so well together.' For the first time, I wore a sweater over a dress. I've always liked the thought of a sweater over a dress, but never really thought I had the right pieces to pull it off. Turns out I was wrong - one of the first times for that as well!

Some of my favorite color combinations are; pink and gray, black and cream, orange and navy and blush and gray.  I remembered I had a blush colored slip-like dress that I could layer under a gray sweater that I usually always layer something under anyhow (a polka dot blouse, a white tee or a pink tank). Throw on some vintage brooches with my nude pumps and the look is complete.


The truth is, this look is just as easy as jeans and a sweatshirt. Don't believe me? I went to Pinterest to find other similar looks that are easy and worth a try. Long sweaters, crop sweaters, long dresses, knee length dresses, mini dresses, it all works. I'm not sure about the mini-dress and sweater yet, just because my legs would be cold in the crisp fall North Dakota mornings. But having a sweater over a dress, gives just the right amount of cozy and while keeping your legs cool.


So while I may not be attending the first night of Fashion Week (slightly disappointed), I'm loving this look for fall. I'll have to start searching my closet for a maxi dress and sweater I could wear next. Fall is coming, is your wardrobe ready?



No comments:

Post a Comment