Sunday, July 9, 2017

Taken over.

Sometimes I struggle with being a mom of 3 boys and finding time for myself and my passion; fashion. I have been pregnant for a total of 821 days with these boys. In those days, my life and body was taken over. I did not feel my most fashionable, between bedrest and gaining so much weight with my second, Edison.

PC: Lindsey Herbert Photography

Before Edison was born, I would sew and pull together outfits for everyone I knew and everyone was asking me for my help. I made at least 15 pieces, enough for a collection at Fashion Week in NYC. Some of my favorites can be found on my Facebook page here.

Now? I sew for my boys. I make monsters that they create out of drawings or leggings for my baby boy. I can never find ones that are cute and cheap enough for him to get baby poop stains in. So, I make some that can easily be tossed and made again with the yards of fabric I bought.


I wouldn't consider myself a professional seamstress/sewer, but I enjoy it. Plus, if you put this cute butt in any leggings they will look cute.


We'll see how long these last before we get baby poop stains. (I didn't use a pattern, I just measured his Carter's leggings and added some seam allowance.)

I may not be sewing as much for myself (I'm determined to start again) but I love encouraging the creativity of my boys. And teaching them that they can make whatever they want and as long as they love it, that's all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment