Sunday, July 16, 2017

I regret nothing.

I regret nothing.

Well, except for a few things. Contrary to other's opinions, I'm not perfect, I have some regrets. I regret not having an amazing photographer at our wedding. We wanted to save money and just went with a coworker who had a regular camera. Looking back, I was in charge of what pictures to take and who should be in them. A lot of stress for a bride! We do not have a big group family picture, and we never will since my mom has passed. This is one of the reasons why we are planning on a 10 year wedding renewal next year. Only 347 days until then, but who's counting?

I regret not taking more vacations with our family. Everyone is always taking trips and doing fun things with their kids, especially over the summer. Our family does fun things during the week in our city, but we rarely leave and stay in another state.

And I regret buying these 3 things.

My BCBG black suede lace-up open toe booties. They are beautiful. I have worn them, a handful of times. But they are not practical. Let alone the 30 minutes they take to lace up, my feet are killing me by the end of the day. I will never give them up, though. I will keep them for those few outfits that I can wear on the rare date night occasion. Whenever that happens.

A Target brand Merona red floral print long sleeve A-line dress. This dress would be flattering if I gave it some shape and added a belt. It just isn't that flattering on me being an A-line. I honestly don't think I've ever worn this. I got it at Clothes Mentor (a brand name resale store) hoping that I could wear it to a wedding. I obviously decided to get something else. The dust on this dress is higher than the dust on my other dresses that I currently don't wear now that all my dresses must be easy access for my 9 month old.


Finally, a vintage necklace I bought at an antique store. Truth is, I don't hate it and I bet I have several outfits I could wear it with, the one pictured included. I'm just not a huge fan of the length. I put this on with my dress and thought, 'Hey - this isn't half bad! I'm sorry I left you hanging for so long.'
After writing this, I may decide to get rid of these 3 pieces. It could be freeing. Someone else will probably look better in these than me. In the meantime, I think I'll just push them to the back of the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment