Friday, July 21, 2017

Beauty Junkie Week

While following Drew Barrymore on Instagram, I realize I just missed beauty junkie week last week. Just because it's not that official week anymore, I'm still going to pretend like it is. Because I love these products that keep my skin healthy and the cosmetics that make being a girl, fun.

If you've followed me for awhile, you know that I'm more interested in fashion than make-up. I'd rather do a whole outfit than even think about spending the same amount of time on my make-up. Make-up has always been difficult for me, it's intimidating. I don't wear a ton because I want to have an effortless face. And I really don't know how to do that besides not wearing a lot or not wearing any. But I still enjoy those times when I get dressed up and put some blush and lipstick on.

Here are a few of my favorite products.


Yes To. Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin wipes. Get it
The Yes To brand is actually a fantastic brand. Yes To Carrots. Yes To Cucumbers. Yes To a Grande Mocha with an extra shot. (This is not actually in their product line...yet. I hear coffee is good for the skin. No, really!) These wipes clean my face and open my pores. I still remove any make-up before using one, but they are good to scrub with.

Stash by SJP Get it
The only SJP fragrance I haven't bought is Covet. The Lovely and Stash are my favorite scents, but are completely different. Lovely has floral notes, very girly and has a softer type smell. Stash is meant to be a unisex scent. So it has more of a musk smell that isn't overly feminine. My husband has been known to wear it too.

Insta Dri nail color Get it
I realize not everyone uses a 15 minute break at work to paint their nails, but if you do, this color will dry in less than 60 seconds. It's perfect for those last minute touch-ups or to add some pop to your outfit. If your nail color starts to run out and not as smooth, add a few drops of nail polish remover to the bottle and shake it up. This works! Trust me!

Fave 4 Up for Air styling cream Get it
I am in love with this product! If I don't have time to do my hair in the morning, I can put a few globs in my hand and work it into the ends of my damp hair. When it dries the curls are soft and not crunchy. There is just enough hold so my hair doesn't look frizzy either. I haven't tested it on a 91 degree day, like today. Honestly, on those days I think I'd prefer a high bun or braids anyhow to keep my hair off my neck.

W3ll People Bio Brightener Cream Get it
I didn't know how to use a brightener until I got tips from my favorite make-up guru, Nichole. She encouraged me to use a brightener below my eyebrows, under my eyes (in the corner) and above my lip in the 'cupid's bow'. I love it now and use it each time I wear make-up. It really does enhance those places.

Don't worry Drew, I have some of your Flower beauty products that I use too, these are just my top 5. If I did a top 10, your eyebrow pencil would totally be in there!


No comments:

Post a Comment