Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Football and Fashion?

I was at my first Minnesota Vikings football game this last weekend, I'm not a huge sports fan (I'm not really a sports fan at all, actually) but I had no idea how much it included fashion and shopping. I remember thinking I should wear a Vikings shirt to get into the spirit. On the drive there I was actually kinda bummed I wasn't wearing one. But when I got there, I saw all the fans in their Vikings gear and realized that's not me and was glad I wore a blue sweater with a yellow tee underneath and pig tails. There must have been other girls who were thinking the same thing as me because there was a lot of other fashions to look at besides 'team gear.'

I was there early and watching people filter in was much more fun than whatever was going on on the field, I'm still not quite sure what happens on the football field. Although, I was distracted when the teams were stretching, bending over and doing squats. What was I saying again? Oh yeah, fashion. I saw a girl walk up the stairs wearing a super cute tribal baggy tee. The tribal design was black down the center front and the shirt was ivory/white. She paired that with jean shorts, gladiator sandals and a small satchel purse with a long strap. I'm not sure how I would've worn the tee, but her outfit worked. She then walked back down the stairs and I lost her. As the game went on I kept watching for her to walk back up, I wanted to tell her I liked
the tee and ask her where she got it. But I was judgemental and figured since she was young and had long blonde hair that she would be snooty. I thought my chance to buy the shirt from the same store she got it from was gone, but I just happened to turn around and saw her sitting a row and aisle behind me. I debated getting up and walking over to her and her friend, but then decided, I'm cool, I look good, maybe she'll take it as a compliment.

Once those words came out of my mouth, I knew I was wrong for judging her. She was as friendly as I am and just as bubbly. She was very flattered that I liked her tee and she said she got it from Marshall's. I told her I have to get it! Since Marshall's is like a Fargo TJ Maxx, you can't order online because everything in each store is different. I knew that from my college fashion days and was sad we don't have a Marshall's in Fargo. Ever since that day I have been looking at tribal style clothes and really liked the designs. Although, I don't want it to seem too far from my style so I've considered making my own print and having it screened onto a tee that I would buy so I know it would fit me right. I definately think it is an upcoming fall trend and would be really cute on a sweater or dress with tights too. If my print turns out, I may consider doing this with more designs. We'll see how it goes and the response I get, for now it's just a thought.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment