Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 856 of being fashionable!

Plato's Closet is one of my biggest weaknesses. I cannot go into that store without leaving with at least 3 things. Tonight was no different, I left with 7 pieces. When you first walk in the store, the jeans greet you with open pant legs as if saying, 'Browse through us first, you'll find something you like!' and I did. When I shop for jeans, I am extremely picky. They have to be the perfect fit, color and length. As I was browsing through their overly crowded racks (in my size), I first look at the color and can narrow it down easy when I know I only want to look for dark denim. When I find a color I like, I look at the details of the jeans, pockets, holes or any other design that may be on them. If there are big pockets on the butt, chances are they will make your butt look bigger. I've learned that The Limited jeans have big back pockets - not so flattering on girls with no butts. I also look at the zipper, if it is a long zipper they may be higher waisted and not fit at my hips. I tend to go towards a shorter zipper - these are on most low rise jeans. Finally, I look at the hem of the jean. Are they skinny, boot cut, flare or straight leg? Tonight I found a super cute pair of dark denim skinny jeans. I'm in love.

Bottoms are easier to shop quickly through since I'm so picky and I know what I'm looking for. But when I look at tops, there are so many different tops that I get overwhelmed. Long sleeve, sweaters, cardigans, short sleeve, tee shirts, polos, blouses, jackets. Since they do have jam packed racks, I tend to vere towards the colors I like most instead of looking through every piece they have. Recently, I've noticed I wear alot of white and black and thought I should throw some color in for fall. I found an ivory/magenta striped top with cute belt, a purple tee with crochet embroidery on the sides, a brown tee with beadwork around the neck, a white and pink thicker striped sweater and a super cute black ruffled collar cardigan. I tried them all on with my skinny jeans and was amazed that they all worked with the jeans. Hence the infatuation with my new jeans.



Not only do they have a million differnent clothing options, but they have shoes, jewelry and purses as well. Although, I was unlucky in that field this shopping spree. I'm really looking for a long cluster silver necklace - all of mine are gold, a cute pair of flat boots for winter - last winter I realized that my heel boots are dying and that they aren't the most practical on ice. I'm never satisfied with what I end up purchasing and realize that I have to buy more things now to match what I just bought. It's a vicious cycle, I tell ya! Maybe on my next shopping trip I will find boots and a necklace. Is it Pringles' catch phrase, 'Once you pop you just can't stop'? I think that should be my new motto, 'Once you SHOP you just can't stop!'


Whoever said fitting room mirrors are awful, obviously hasn't been in one of the fitting rooms I've been in. Look how cute I look in these clothes! Maybe instead of blaming the mirror, we should take a look at the clothes we first picked to try on? 


1 comment:

  1. i still like to blame the mirror hahaha you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete