Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Look Book

In 2002 when I was in college for fashion design I started collecting magazine clippings or any fashion article that stood out to me. I put them together in a book with quotes from some fashion designers. There are also pictures of my style icon - Sarah Jessica Parker from the television show Sex and the City. It may not be a show that everyone is in love with, but there is no doubt that it is a fashion based show. Not one outfit is repeated in the series, there were a couple outfits worn again in the movies showing that they understand that not everyone has 365 different outfits. Anywho, by keeping these pictures and looking at them frequently, I keep getting inspired and want to make my style more fashion forward. Some items I've put in the book, I remember thinking I really want to get this! Even if it was an $800 Chanel hair clip, I wanted it bad! I would describe my look book as classic, so looking at the pictures now they are still in style because classic is always in fashion. How classic and timeless is Chanel?!

Any time I see something I want to look for while I'm shopping, I write it down in a notepad and take it with when I'm shopping. I do like to shop on impulse, but I also shop with a mission in mind. I'm not saying everyone should bring a 'shopping list' with when they go clothing shopping, but remember what you saw in the new issue of InStyle or Vogue and try to look for those. Or start by wanting to try a new color and only looking at things in that color. Some people may say it’s not smart to go shopping only looking for one particular thing, because you will be disappointed when you don’t find it. But this is also how I save some money and not spend all the time. Although, I just went shopping on Saturday at Plato’s Closet and tried on a pair of boots that I thought were cute but a tish small for me. I went back on Sunday because they were stuck in my head and seriously talking to me. I wore them today with skinny jeans, a blue top and a purple/teal butterfly scarf. So fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment