Friday, January 5, 2018

Far from an All-Star.

Last season of Project Runway there was an outerwear challenge and I thought, I've never done outerwear before and I should try to make a coat. In the past, I've made a white blazer, but it wasn't lined and isn't very warm. I got this wild idea that when the next season of Project Runway started, I would follow their challenges and make the same (or similar) type garment. Of course, I had to pick a season when it was All-Stars and I'm sure the challenges will be harder for them. Here goes nothing!

This week their first challenge was to create a collection based on Spring or Fall. Since they have 8 people in a team, they made an 8 piece collection. Because I'm a one-woman sweatshop, I'm doing 2 looks, both spring. (Come on Spring! Amiright?)

I started sketching what I would make and before the next episode I'll create it and post after I'm done. I plan on making this draped vest with a pencil skirt and a pocket dress with bodice seams. I haven't went to shop for fabric yet, so it will be a surprise for you and me!


I'm excited for this challenge and ready to try something new each week. This is the perfect way to get back into sewing after moving into our new house. First time sewing in the new studio too. And first time with my own serger!

xx,
Kari

#stylebykari #prchallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment