Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The studio.

In the 13 years I've been actively designing and sewing, I've gone from using the kitchen table, to the spare bedroom in our twin home, to now having my own larger space in our new house. To say I'm excited about this space is the understatement of the year (I can say that now because we are almost to the end of 2017 - crazy!). We close on the new house in 23 days and I can't wait to get into my studio. I already have plans to redo my desk, make a lounge area for clients and a screen divider for when my clients are changing into their custom made piece.
 

My office desk will be painted from the original oak to a clean looking white. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and became overwhelmed with all the knobs to choose from. I've narrowed it down to 15.


I'm working on revamping a chair from dark wood arms and brown cushions, to gold arms and a floral print cushion. I saw a wicker chair with a cushion on a Facebook sale group that I have my eye on to redo for my lounge area. Maybe painted white with a colorful cushion? Yellow? Teal?


 



Then I just bought a teal trunk at J's Funky Market in Moorhead, MN that will be used as the coffee table. Can't you just see Vogue and InStyle sitting on it with a small centerpiece?


After the artwork gets hung, curtains are put up and an area rug is put down, I can get to work on creating more pieces for clients and inviting them to my studio space to try on and fit. This space will get creative juices flowing, you're welcome to stop by anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment