Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Project Runway Challenge #2

This week on Project Runway All-Stars, the challenge was to create a look based on an apocalyptic distressed look. I was a little nervous and wasn't sure how to make this my style. I started looking at patterns and the gears started turning. I waited to pick a fabric until I got to the store.

It was strange watching this episode before I created my piece. One of the designers, Anthony had a hard time with this challenge (spoiler: he won the challenge this week). He was talking about how he doesn't want to ruin the fabric because he appreciates the work that goes into making it. As I was creating mine this week, I started to feel that same way. I completed my navy jumpsuit and was so in love with how it looked, it was hard for me to start distressing it. Truthfully, I only wanted to do a few things to distress it.

The winning look this week.



I created a navy jumpsuit with a tie front waist. The way I distressed it was by opening the back and burning the edges. I really loved how this turned out and I might consider using this technique again. I also painted some of the pants and trim of the neck and sleeve.



I love how this turned out, but I'm not quite sure where I would wear this. It is definitely something to keep in my collection, instead of selling to a client.


No comments:

Post a Comment