Wednesday, January 24, 2018

This week.

Let's be honest. It's only week 3 and already I'm thinking, 'Wow - I still have a lot left to make.' This week proved to be a challenge for sure. With working my other job, family in town and kids sick, it was hard to find time to finish the challenge. It wasn't done until Wednesday night (the other weeks I was done by Sunday).

The challenge this week was to create a look based on a wine/food pairing at a fancy restaurant. I decided to take inspiration from a dinner with caviar and chardonnay. The color and the pieces of caviar reminded me of black sequins that I wanted cascading down. When I went fabric shopping I found an amazing floral brocade fabric, but since I don't have the same budget as Project Runway, I opted for something on sale. I found a beautiful gold shimmer fabric that looks amazing with black sequins I found.


My sketch started as something on the back bodice and down the skirt, but then changed to a take on a Peter Pan collar. It then turned into the sequins taking over the entire side of the dress. I worked almost every day on this challenge and it really turned into something I love.


I don't make many formal dresses, usually I only make something I know I have a place to wear it to. But I love this and I would love to wear it to the ballet or to a black tie event.

The winners of this episode were Ken and Fabio who created 2 beautiful pieces that I would love to wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment