Monday, July 18, 2011

Me? A Fashion Guru?

I was on a MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) Steering Team retreat this weekend and needed to pack for an overnight trip. We left on Friday night at 5:00 pm and would come back on Saturday at 1:00 pm, so it wasn't a long vacation. I packed light, or my version of light. On Friday I wore what I had worn to work that day, minus the toe numbing heels. When I got to the lake where the retreat was being held, I was bombarded with people commenting about my blog and how I 'always look cute.' Everytime something was mentioned about dressing, hobbies or sewing, I was looked at. I loved being known as the person to look to for fashion advice or what my opinion would be on something. But I don't know if I would classify myself as a 'fashion guru'. I just dress for how I like and think is attractive yet simple. The next day I woke up at 8:15 a.m. and asked if I had time to shower before our meeting started. Since I had until 8:30, I had to be quick. The girls told me that I couldn't look cute after I was done and that I didn't have time to look cute. The weather said it was supposed to be warm and sunny, so I packed a pink sundress. I pulled my hair in a side braid and walked downstairs to join the group. I didn't put any make up on or do anything fancy with my hair and everyone said, "I thought you weren't going to look cute."

By just putting a bright dress on and keeping everything simple, my outfit still looked pulled together. I showered and got ready in a little over 15 minutes. This weekend goes to prove that you don't need hours before work or going out to pull your apperance together. Just a simple summer dress will make you feel comfortable and still be fabulous!

Check out these websites for some fun summer dress styles:

www.charlotterusse.com

www.oldnavy.com

www.forever21.com

2 comments:

  1. great post Kari! that means i have NO excuse to go out in my sweats EVER hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my sundresses a little too much! I wear them around home when I'm sick of my usual work attire of pjs! :) Working from home has it benefits!

    ReplyDelete