Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In the Dressing Room

On Monday I went to Plato's Closet and did some much needed 'blog research'. I could easily spend hours in that store, mostly because I think you need to look through everything to find the good stuff. I was walking around in my nude heels, not feeling my big toe, but the several compliments I got on my heels was well worth it. I was very happy with the few pieces I bought, but since I didn't buy a complete outfit, I had to think about what I could wear these pieces with. I'm sure everyone has bought something on impulse or with the idea that they would never wear it again. It's always smart to know all the pieces in your closet and know what else you could wear, besides what you bought. You don't have to buy the whole outfit at one store either. Remember what you liked at the store and visit some other stores with that garment in mind. Take a picture of the garment or yourself in the garment and resort back to the picture when you think you found a matching top.
Different stores, different styles, different price ranges.

Trendy:
Banana Republic Tunic - $89.50


 Banana Republic Skinny Jeans - $44.99
Banana Republic Pewter Sandal - $69.50
 
Forever 21 Earrings - $1.50
 Total Outfit: $206
Sometimes when I bring things into the dressing room, I will mix them all together and see what looks good. Since the limit to most stores have a limit of 6 items in the dressing room, I will typically take out the 'no's' right away, to make room for the other pieces I grabbed while shopping. If you are lucky, you may get away with bringing more in the dressing room, like I do. It's absolutely crucial that I look at every item and decide if it's worth it.
Dressy:
Forever 21 Purple Dress - $22.80
Forever 21 White Sweater - $16.99
 Banana Republic 'Love' Necklace - $29.50
Charlotte Russe Basic Almond Pump Nude - $28.00
Total Outfit - $98.00
Shopping online is possibly one of the best ways to compare items side by side. As long as you know the size you wear for different stores, you can enlarge and show the pieces next to each other to compare. I have even been shopping online while I'm looking through my closet.
Casual:
Victoria's Secret Green Henley - $34.50

Hot Mama Khaki Capri - $43.99

Urban Outfitters Light Brown Macrame Sandal - $19.00

Forever 21 Leaf Necklace - $5.80
Total Outfit - $104

No comments:

Post a Comment