Thursday, February 15, 2018

Under the weather, over it all.

This week tested me. I wanted to give up and be over this challenge. I still have so many to create.

I watched this last week's Project Runway episode on Friday and threw around some ideas in my head. I didn't sketch anything down yet, which, looking back may have been a mistake. This week's challenge was for Betty Boop and to make a sexy and chic look that she could pull off. I have been meaning to use some vintage inspired fabric for awhile so I thought this was the perfect challenge. Then Saturday hit and I started feeling sick, Sunday I was completely laid up in bed all day. The flu hit our house hard and most everyone has some sort of sickness. I started getting better by Monday evening, but still hadn't started sketching or sewing anything.

Finally last night I bunkered down and banged out a dress. This wasn't my best work because I was so tired and still so drained from the flu. I decided to make this dress that somewhat resembles a nightgown. Looking back, I would've made it longer and more flowy for that effortless feel. I finished this challenge in time, but I may decide to rework it in the future.


I know, I know. I said last week that I would be better this week, but who can predict when they'll catch the plague? Fingers (and toes) crossed that this week is my week. I plan on buying new fabric, a new pattern and really winning this challenge! I wonder if I could convince the hubs to give me a prize?! Something to work towards?


No comments:

Post a Comment