Monday, June 20, 2011

Walk-In My Closet

                                                        

With many different pieces in a wardrobe, it may be confusing and difficult to organize each piece. Although, when done right, it can be easy and even fun to do! A cluttered closet can only hinder your choices when getting dressed in the morning. You may see a couple items and decide between 2 or 3 when there are several other pushed to the back of the closet. Whenever I get bored with what I have in the begining of my closet, I rotate the clothes from the back, to the front. In my closet, I separate short sleeve, long sleeve, blouse tops and sweaters and then group each by color. Then, when you get dressed in the morning, it will be a cinch to pick your bottoms and then decide on a color and go from there. I typically always pick out the bottoms first, based on weather I decide skirt, jeans or pants. I do think about comfort when choosing a look, but of course it is fashionable. The last thing I choose for my outfit is my jewelry and I usually tend to keep it simple. Never all things at once (earrings, necklace, bracelet and rings), too busy! Simple: earrings and bracelet, necklace and rings.

For jewelry, it is best to keep each piece separate so they do not tangle or snag with another piece. I recently purchased a jewelry organizer to coordinate my jewelry. Since I have alot of costume jewelry, they do not all fit in the designated spots. But the organizers come with enough spaces to put individual items. If you have alot of delicate expensive pieces, these should be stored in the jewelry boxes the came in or boxes that can be purchased at a craft store. By keeping these in closed containers, they are safe from dust and any other damages that may occur. Over time it's a good idea to check your pieces for tarnishing. I have had several earrings and rings that have lost their color because of tarnish. This is always a heartache for me, I wear a certain ring so much that the everyday wear and tear ruins it and it cannot be bought again.

And the most important finishing look for an outfit? The SHOES! You may choose these at the last minute, but when I get a look together, I constantly think about the color combinations and what looks best with certain shades. If I'm wearing gray, white or lighter colors; I'll choose my black heels. If my outfit has brown, gold jewelry or warmer tones; it's my brown heels. Of course I have some crazy color shoes that I mix in for fun, but not everyone has crazy shoes! But they (you) should! There should always be a statement piece. I'm not saying that I don't own flip flops, I do! And I keep the same rules with them.

By having an organized closet, it is easier to dress fashionable everyday or more often. If you are still having difficulty piecing items together, set aside your outfit the night before when you have more time. For my friends who still aren't getting it, I'm always here to bounce wardrobe ideas off of! I would love to help you put together a few outfits with your wardrobe. You may not realize what you have or what looks good together, until someone else puts it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment