Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hot New Color! Mustard!

On my recent flight to South Carolina, I picked up the new InStyle magazine. After flipping through the first few pages, I found the new trends in Spring/Summer colors, mustard. I was a little hesitant to try this color; would it look good with my skin tone? What accessories could I match it with? And most importantly, what shoes should I wear? I brought this new trend up to one of my girlfriends and she insisted I try on her mustard wrap dress. Needless to say, I came home from South Carolina with a new dress!

As I do with all new outfits, I tried it on the night before I was going to wear it and went through all my accessories and shoes and found an amazing combination. I paired my wrap dress with my natural canvas like heels and brown accessories (brown/wood bracelets and necklace). I thought that my new outfit was fashion forward and very Spring/Summer 2011. Other acceptable color combinations for future looks with this dress could be; purple, green or even red as a eye catcher.

The next day at work....let the compliments flow! Even though I thought I may look too 'runway' for work, my coworkers loved it! It's always nice to hear nice things said about you and for people to notice you. My moral of the mustard story; wear something shocking (yet fashionable) and you may be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

2 comments:

  1. Mustard is a fantastic color, if done right. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im obsessed with mustard/chartreuse! :)

    ReplyDelete