Sunday, April 8, 2018

A couple behind.

If you're following me on Instagram (here) you know that I've created a couple looks but haven't shared the details. With family trips and some house changes, it's been a busy couple weeks. It's hard for me to stop what I'm doing and take a few minutes to share what I've been working on. It's coming to an end and I'm sad that it will be over. But I look forward to taking each challenge, going back and making it better - if I'm not happy with how the design turned out. I hope you'll stick around for that.

This challenge was to create a design for a performer (country, pop or rock). Usually I just pick the one that I think would work best for my aesthetic, but this time I decided to use a random drawing and see what I would get. The random drawing gave me country.

When I think country performer, I think of soft and delicate. I was thinking Carrie Underwood or Faith Hill who often wear romantic, soft dresses. I knew I wanted to create a dress that was easy to move in and would have a gentle quality. I found this lilac colored fabric that was on clearance at Joann's from Nicole Miller. It's perfect!


To make it more of a performance look, I want to add some silver trim to cascade down the shoulder. I searched Joann's Fabrics for trim, Hobby Lobby and online and only found 2 that I liked. I want to use different types of silver trim to keep it different and interesting. While I was in Minneapolis this past weekend, I had to make a stop at SR Harris and found 2 other trims that I like that will be included on the shoulder cap.


I'm excited to complete this look by adding the trim. This may even be the dress I wear for my 10 year wedding anniversary this summer. It may not be as country as some other designs, but I'm pretty proud of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment