Sunday, April 8, 2018

Resort wear, not so much Candy Crush.

The last challenge before the finally was to create a look based on resort wear from the game Candy Crush. Since I've used up my Project Runway budget lately, I had to select from the fabrics I already had. Which were more pastel than bright Candy Crush. When I think of resort wear, my thoughts go to warm beaches, sunny poolside days and dinner and drinks at a romantic beachside restaurant.


I wanted to create a wide leg trouser that was shorter to be able to walk in the sand after an evening of cocktails and dinner. The bodice for this look was not coming out the way I wanted. The top was supposed to be intricate with detail and then the bottom flowy and would sway in the breeze. Unfortunately, the fabric didn't do what I wanted and the bottom ended up stiff. This will definitely be one of the looks I fix when going through the challenges again.


The pants turned out great and they just need to be taken in slightly, if they are going to fit me. But they would be perfect if anyone needs a pair of summer peach colored pants. This wasn't my favorite look and I'm sure I would've gone home after this challenge, but the re-do for this is going to be amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment