Thursday, March 15, 2018

My technique.

Prepare yourself. I made a dress and I'm absolutely in love with it. Shocker!

I struggled this week to come up with something for this challenge. As I watched the new episode, the designers were discussing their many techniques and what their signatures are; pintucking, ruffles, structure, corsetry and more. Honestly, it made me want to learn how to do some of these techniques. I've worked with boning before, so maybe corsetry might not be too difficult to start with.

Since I don't have a signature technique, really, I am good at mixing prints and some of my go-to for prints are florals. This is what I consider my signature. I love to try and push boundaries to what looks good and with what someone would never consider.

             

Iris Apfel is someone I really admire and who doesn't care what others think of what she's wearing. She wears what she loves and if you don't like it, there's no sweat off her back. She'll mix prints, wear monster jewelry and oversize glasses.

 

 My aesthetic is girlie, floral, pretty, so mixing floral prints is easy for me. I chose 2 prints that have a similar color story/background that looked nice together. These prints are easy to wear and not to loud. This has easily become my favorite challenge, I might have even won the challenge if I were on the show!





No comments:

Post a Comment