Friday, March 9, 2018

Show me the color!

This past week on Project Runway All Stars the challenge was to create a look with color. Isaac Mizrahi gave the designers each a color that he hand picked for them and they had to match it with a complementary color. I love color so I was ready to take this challenge head-on.

Since I didn't have Mr. Mizrahi choosing a color for me, I decided to select a color that I thought would really speak to me. Ever since I was little, my grandma would tell me stories about how I was purple when I was born and how my favorite color was purple for the longest time. My main color choice for this challenge was purple. I complemented it by adding some green too. It's been a few years since my grandma passed away but I think she would be proud of this look.



I love the ease of this dress and how comfortable it feels. This dress will be great for spring and I can't wait to make others with this design. A LBD? Mixing prints? I can't wait! What do you want to see with this big collar?

I've decided that when this challenge is over, I'll be recreating any challenges that I was not happy with or wanted to redo, but didn't have enough time. I'm looking forward to then when I can really put some more creative ideas into the challenges.



No comments:

Post a Comment