Sunday, November 13, 2011

A word to the wise...

I walked into my apartment today and in the entryway was the normal stack of Midweeks laying in the corner. Except today, the Want-ads were laying on top and suprisingly had an article entitled "Winterize Your Wardrobe, Without The Bulk." As I read the article, it talked about bringing your sweaters back to life, breaking out the boots and taking an inventory of your winter gear. I felt like I was not ready for winter and most importantly, my closet was not ready for winter. Anyone who has seen my closet would say that I had more than enough for winter, perhaps 2 winters in row even. But all I see are thin shirts and skirts, no where near warm enough for our North Dakota winters. Whatever the case, the article made me want to shop for some new sweaters and jeans so I took a trip to my favorite store, Plato's Closet.

As I walked in, I immediately regretted the decision. I went to the store knowing I didn't have any money and that no matter what I found, I couldn't buy. But I kept walking and looking and found several (9) pieces that I wanted to try on. I stacked them on my arm and walked around looking for more, why I'm not sure. Eventually, I had a span of racks that I didn't find anything cute and stopped and decided to try on. Another bad decision. I loved all but one that didn't fit right - The Limited black gaucho capri length pants that I would've worn with my black heeled boots if they would've been a bit smaller. All of the pieces tried on, I walked out of the dressing room, I had the clothes I wanted on my arm and the one that didn't work I stacked back on the table. I looked a few other things in the store and almost laid the clothes on the counter to be put back when I spontaneously asked the saleslady how long they could hold clothes for. She said for 24 hours and as if someone else had inherited my body heard myself say, 'Hold these please, for Kari.' Yes, I am aware that I will not be back for them, but it made me feel a little bit better that I could possibly change my mind and they would still be there, waiting for me.

Sadly, these are the items I left at the store and could not take home with me to be hung in my closet along with the rest of my treasures.

Pool/Mint color cardigan with beading embellishment on top and black gaucho pants.


Multi-color Old Navy sweater with brand new Anne Taylor Loft jeans


Absolutely in love with this orange H&M sweater that I had huge plans for and Anne Taylor Loft jeans.



The moral of the story and what I've learned from this experience, is to never ever go into your favorite store in the mood to shop when you have no money to spend. It is not a good idea and will leave you feeling sad and like you just lost your best friend, or left them forever. Just a word to the wise and a piece of advice from me to you.

P.S. If you like any of these clothes, they will be back on the Plato's Closet racks at 5:00 p.m. on November 14. I will be very jealous of the person whoever buys them, but they will look good so I will get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment