Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas comes early!

I like to think that people at my work think of me as fashionable. I'm dressed nicely and work appropriate in case I run into some important people during the day. So it was only a suprise to a couple people when I started looking for my Christmas party dress in August. Since I feel like one of the 5 most fashionable people where I work, the Christmas party is like my Red Carpet. I'm uber picky and everything has to look perfect so I had to start early.

After looking online and in a couple stores, I knew immediately after seeing a few dresses that I wanted to wear a royal blue dress for this year. I missed the last 2 parties due to family plans so my outfit this year has to be amazing! Not only do I have to have the 'Best Dressed' dress, but my whole look has to be the best. I want to wear my hair straight and in a messy side braid - I will need to make a practice run on my hair before that night. I'll match the dress with some big dangling earrings and bangle bracelets. And don't forget the shoes! I really want to wear my nude heels with the dress, but by the end of the night I'm sure my toes will match my royal blue dress.


 


I have it narrowed down to 3 dresses and I will be taking votes if anyone wants to vote. I think I have in my mind which one I'm going to get, but if you have a good argument for the one you like, I'm all ears.

Option #1- Online order, $56 and from a UK website


Option #2- Charlotte Russe online $30


Option #3- Victoria's Secret $50 - Adjustable dress 10 dresses in one!


This is one of my favorite events for the year and I enjoy getting ready for the night, hopefully I don't make the wrong decision and end up on the 'Worst Dressed' list.

If any of my fellow employees or other friends with holiday parties coming up would like some help choosing their outfit, I will be more than happy to help! 'Tis the season!




1 comment:

  1. I love the second one... the third is nice too. #2 would be my vote. I'm not a fashionable person so I'm not sure if I can vote. ;) I'd love to see a pic of you wearing your beautiful dress! :) Gretchen T

    ReplyDelete