Sunday, February 7, 2016

Starting over....yet again.

As I wake up on my day off and try to get my children ready for school, there are 2 things I immediately think about. 1. Where's my coffee? And 2. What will Kelly Ripa wear on Live! today? I kid you not, most mornings when I turn the show on I am inspired to make and create a similar look to what she's wearing and today was no exception. It was almost a handkerchief hem skirt with a black and red print and she paired it with a black turtleneck. Classic.



I pulled up Live's Facebook and Instagram to find a picture for inspiration to search for the perfect fabric. I read the comments from others on that post and everyone loved her skirt just as much as I did. I have to have it! Nothing was really similar to the print on her skirt, but I did manage to find this fabric on Etsy that I think will work. A silk crepe fabric that will flow beautifully.



Kelly's skirt was a handkerchief hem, but I saw this pattern and thought it would look great with the asymmetrical look as well. I absolutely love the black turtleneck with it, but I wouldn't mind a leather jacket, black tall boots or even another print on the blouse (gotta mix prints, you know me).


http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8956-products-47836.php?page_id=263

We'll see how it turns out. I'm excited to get started. After I finish the jumpsuit of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment