Tuesday, February 16, 2016

By request.

My main goal in my adult life has always been to portray a fashionable attitude and make others feel the same about themselves in any way I could. So, when I was told I should start making clothes for others to buy, I didn't think twice. Although, I wasn't sure if this is where I wanted to be heading in my career, but I knew that there was a need for it. I often get asked where I got something or that they would like to have a similar design, when it came to things I designed and created.

One of my first clients who asked me to make a unique piece for her was a friend I've known for a couple years who has always complimented my outfits that I've made. She decided to have a longer tunic style top in a blue Aztec print fabric. She wasn't crazy about prints when I first asked her what her yes/no colors and prints were, but she trusted me.


At the fitting, she couldn't be happier and it fit her beautifully. Only a few more stitches to put in and it will be ready for her to wear. Not only is it a thicker warmer fabric, but it is perfect for her stage of life right now, nursing.


Seeing her reaction and knowing that I made something for someone that will help them feel better about themselves, makes me want to get started on my next creation. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment