Friday, February 27, 2015

Me vs. The 21 Year Old

The other night I attended JAFA - Josef's Annual Fashion Awards with a good friend who is a fun younger version of myself. When I was her age I would be out til close, hanging out with friends and dancing in some risque outfits. Nowadays, I am in bed by 9:30 PM and wake up at 4:30 AM when I used to go to bed at that time.

The fashion show was an all ages show, but the 21+ was upstairs, which is where we happened to find a table at this packed house. I have never felt older and more like a mom. Several young'ins behind me were talking about shots, more drinks and smoking and asking the waitress for all of these. I happened to know the waitress from high school and we both have children now. Since I'm still nursing and actually care what I look like in front of strangers, I opted for a glass of water. She came back later and asked how we were doing. I said, 'Great! But I'm starving. Do you have any food back there?' How lame am I? She came back with another water and a glass of trail mix for me. At a fashion show. Surrounded by 21 year olds. 20 minutes later, I left the show early.

Man! Am I old! At least I looked cute in my black maxi dress, black booties and leather jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment